Monday, June 9, 2008

Of Rats and Joysticks

So news came out recently that Leonardo DiCaprio will be a in a biopic about Nolan Bushnell, the founder of Atari. So for this blog entry, I knew I had to put something Chuck E. Cheese's related since Bushnell was also the founder of the animatronic pizza joint. Little did I know how much obscure information I would find about the place online. This also brings me back as I would frequent Showbiz Pizza - one of CEC's engulfed franchises- often as a kid. I must say, my parents must have really loved me to keep taking me there. I'm watching some of the videos online of memories I have of the place and I must say I don't know if I could stand going there more than once as an adult. Part of me also remembers that place being very loud when the animatronic shows happened, I wonder what a noise level survey would have shown. I found this website, ShowBiz Pizza.com, which is a museum of all things ShowBiz/Chuck E. - from the history of the tokens to a whole library of employee training videos. Here's a training video I found on youtube:

3 comments:

heyroth said...

Awesome! BTW, your m1530 should be fine since it's a bigger laptop. There hasn't been any reports...Did you get the 256 mb video card?

Colin said...

yeah:
there were massive discounts, i built from the bottom up w/ 25% off:
2.4 ghz
3 gigs ram
led lcd(could've had a lot cheaper computer if not for this)
160 gb hdd
256 mb video

heyroth said...

Nice setup! I bought mine off ebay, so i saved quite a built, i changed the processor to 2.2, 2.5 gigs of ram, 320gb hd, 128.. Still i do love the 3.5 battery life