Thursday, April 3, 2008

Costco Gems: Finger Ling Ling Good!

So Gary got me hooked on these delectable frozen treasures known as Ling Ling 'All Natural' Potstickers. Although you can get them at grocery stores, I am making it a Costco Gem because Costco sells a larger bag of the dumpling-encased taste explosions than what you can get at say Safeway. Those of you who know my usual diet may be shocked that the package has the word 'vegetable', but yes they're in there and I do eat it! You can boil them and put it in soup, or boil them and pan fry them for that traditional crispy look. I've come up with my own method of cooking the potstickers. I skip the boiling step and go straight to a pan fry procedure using some fried chicken oil. Fried chicken oil is oil that I'm reusing from frying chicken with. It's flavor increases the more times it's cooked with. The oil adds more chicken flavor as well as onion and garlic to the potstickers. After frying them and rotating the potstickers about 10 min, they have a nice crispy golden complexion all around. You'll see the pics show the process from frozen, to cooking(mmmm...swim my pretties), to ready to be consumed. Check out Ling Ling's website, the flash intro is quite rediculous-but I guess it can be when the food is so good. Food ads or the photos on packaging is usually showing how the food can look at its most ideal appearance. I think mine looks better.


4 comments:

heyroth said...

I do love ling lings but i had a bad batch of lings so i'm sort of avoiding them now. Don't worry, it was operator error.

Derek said...

that oil looks red?

Gary said...

Dude, I'll swap you a ling ling for a chicken oiled one.

Colin said...

The oil is more of a golden/orange color. The seasonings that go into the fried chicken include flour, paprika, & cayenne pepper. Combine all of that and boil it in oil and that's the color you get. Definitely more tasty than pleasing to the eye.