Saturday, April 19, 2008

Daily Morning Sustenance


So there's been talk of my special breakfast bagel that I make. Some of you have tried it, others have watched. I'll show you what it is that I slap together in the morning to get me off for a morning full of hearing tests. I first take a sliced bagel and toast it to my liking. While the bagel's toasting, I'm microwaving my sausage patty. I've been using the 4 lb Tyson Original Flavored (don't know what other flavors sausage comes in) Sausage Patties that I've been getting from Costco, so yet another Costco Gem. After the bagel's done, I smear cream cheese on both the crown and heel halves. Finally, the sausage patty goes in the middle and I'm done. With having cream cheese on both halves, it can overpower the sausage a little bit but it is more filling. Putting the cream cheese on only one half does not make the sausage any less slippery either. As shown in one of Gary's blog entries, I've modified my sandwich to a v1.5. The added Spam is more of a brunch sandwich and adds a saltier flavor to it. The Spam adds friction to the sausage, but again is still slippery.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My favorite bagel has cream cheese and sun dried tomato spread. I know, it's a veggie Colin, however, it's sweet and smoky...perfect w/ the cream cheese. You should try it out! Or, instead of sausage...throw some smoked salmon locs in there...delicious!